Each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,200 campers. Camp Chi’s 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows. The cool learn to be warm. The uncertain seize adventure. And strangers become lifelong friends.
For nearly a century – Camp Chi has transformed children’s summers. We unplug them from the stress and technology of their daily lives and plug them into life-changing moments. A soccer player takes the stage. An artist reaches the high ropes. Everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship. And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
Due to promotions within our camp team, we are now hiring an Assistant Director who, as a member of the management team, works to create the vision for and the development and implementation of programs that shape and define the Camp Chi experience for children ages 8-17. The Assistant Director plays a key role in camper and staff recruitment, program development and operational and administrative responsibilities, as well as fostering and maintaining relationships with campers, parents and staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Business, Education, Social Work or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years progressive leadership experience in Resident Camp or related field
• Previous experience interviewing, hiring and supervising staff.
• Previous experience working as a member of a management team.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; must have highly developed public speaking/presentation skills.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture and values.
• Conflict management, listening and decision-making skills.
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and databases with the ability to learn other technology as needed; proficiency with CampMinder preferred.
• Experience utilizing Social Media on behalf of an organization.