The Open University of Israel (OUI) is a unique and one of the most vital institutions in Israel - a University based upon Academic Justice, Open Admission Policy, Social inclusion of all Citizens of Israel especially in the peripheries - whether they be geographic or society based. The current Chancellor of OUI is former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Israel - Dorit Beinisch.
OUI combines its core values of social inclusion and equality together with state of the art technologies, tailor made distance learning techniques as well as having over 70 campuses spread out from the far North to the Far South of Israel. In other words,total accessibility and flexibility. It therefore comes as no surprise that today, more than ever, OUI is Israel's largest University with over 48,0000 students. OUI has a substantial impact on the social resilience of The State of Israel.
- Help establish AFOUI fundraising model/strategy, under the direction of and in conjunction with AFOUI Chairman/Board
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Organize events and campaigns that will lead to soliciting donations, including:
o Planned-giving fundraisers solicit donations from those who are looking to pledge money at a future date or in installments over time.
o Direct-mailing fundraisers send out requests for donations to large numbers of people through the mail, over the phone, and online.
o Events fundraisers obtain donations through exclusive small charity events
o Capital campaign fundraisers raise money for a specific project such as the construction of a new building at a university. Capital campaigns also raise money for renovations and the creation or expansion of an endowment.
- Research and identify prospective donors for small, medium and major gifts
- Follow-up and cultivate existing donors, and proactively contact and meet with prospective potential donors/foundations
- Coordinate existing and prospective major donor interactions with AFOUI
- Chairman/Board members
- Prepare Fundraising Proposals and Grants Requests aimed at individuals and Foundations
- Send out monthly newsletter and periodical information of interest to donors and potential donors, in coordination with OUI
- Maintain detailed records and build and update database of donor information
- Reach out to agreed-upon volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
- Ensure that all legal and financial reporting requirements are satisfied
- Prepare AFOUI Board meetings and ensure meeting minutes are prepared
- Work closely and under the direct supervision of the AFOUI Chairman, and also maintain liaison and coordination with the external relations team at OUI
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates who have studied public relations, communications, English, or business are at an advantage.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Minimum of 5-10 years of fundraising experience, and a proven track record
- Strong knowledge of Israel and the Jewish World in North America
Personality and Interests
- Impeccable communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Strong organizational abilities
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes the initiative
- Detail oriented
- Extremely discreet and loyal to organization
- Ability to maintain working relationships with high level Donors
Compensation and Benefits
- Position will be based in NYC
- Competitive compensation based on experience