Physical Education Educator, Part-Time
Beit Rabban Day School
Upper West Side, Manhattan
About the Organization: Beit Rabban Day School is an innovative, non-denominational elementary school and early childhood center. Beit Rabban thoughtfully combines progressive education technique, deep Jewish study, intellectual rigor, and child-centered learning.
Job Description: Beit Rabban Day School seeks a highly motivated, energetic and passionate Physical Education Educator to start immediately teaching two afternoons a week in grades K-3, totaling 8 physical education classes a week.
- Promote health, wellness, and safety of the students.
- Increase children’s strength, endurance and flexibility in ways that are fun and engaging.
- Promote good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Classes take place in a large multipurpose space, the right candidate will be eager to think creatively about playing games in a limited amount of space.
- Successful experience teaching physical education in elementary grades.
- Expertise in and passion for physical education.
- Excellent group management skills.
- Teaching style that is simultaneously firm and kind.
- Commitment to facilitating the growth of each child.
- Direct, honest and kind approach to communication with students, colleagues and parents.
- Identification with Beit Rabban’s ethos to be a community that celebrates difference and encourages children to be comfortable with themselves and kind with each other.
To apply, send a resum**********************e “[Your Name]: Part Time P.E. Teacher.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis for an immediate start.