George Mason University Hillel (Mason Hillel) seeks a talented professional to serve as the interim executive director from March 1 - May 31, 2020. As the lead professional for the organization during this time, the interim executive director will oversee administration and operations, finances and fundraising, student programs and leadership as well as supervise a temporary part-time Israel Fellow, student worker and student interns. The position is part-time (20 hours per week) and reports to the board chair for Mason Hillel.
George Mason University (Mason) Hillel is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization funded through community contributions and allocations and the center for Jewish Campus Life at George Mason University. The vision of Mason Hillel is for every Jewish student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Administration and operations (7 hrs/wk)
• Manage and supervise all financial operations, including but not limited to bank accounts transactions, depositing checks, ensuring monthly payments, creating monthly financial reports, utilizing current financial systems including QuickBooks, processing payroll through PayCom etc.
• In time of need, work with university officials, students, faculty and staff, in reacting to campus crises that impact the Mason Hillel community.
• Ensure reports, steward the relationship and maintain ongoing and open communication with the Mason Hillel Executive Board. Attend and facilitate previously scheduled Mason Hillel board meetings.
• Supervise the Israel Fellow apartment and utilities and facilitate the move to a new apartment.
Fundraising and Grants (5 hrs/wk)
• Work with Hillel International to plan and execute the Passover and end of academic year annual fundraising appeals.
• Plan and execute "Mason Giving Day" with the Hillel social media chair.
• Submit reports and grants requests to about 5-8 organizations, such as foundations, local Jewish Federations and family funds, based on needs and deadlines.
• Manage fundraising for the organization including recording all gifts in Little Green Light, sending donor acknowledgements and creating and sending monthly donor newsletter.
Student Programs and Leadership (5 hrs/wk)
• Providing support and guidance to student leaders including the Mason Hillel student board. Providing one-on-one student support on issues related to Jewish campus life on an as needed basis.
• Supervise the ongoing programs, led by contract employees, student worker and student leaders including weekly Shabbat dinners, Jewish educational classes and more.
• Support Mason students in their involvement in multi-organizational events, such as "Good Deeds Day", Passover seder and more.
• Updating student tracking CRM.
Supervision (3 hrs/wk)
• Supervise the interim part-time Israel Fellow to facilitate pro-Israel strategy and programming on campus, support and guide Israel student leaders and organizations on campus, recruit, orient and lead Birthright spring 2020 trip.
• Supervise part-time contract employees, student worker and student interns.