Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing
Status: Full-time Exempt Position
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Manager of the Volunteer Resource Center (VRC) reports into the marketing and communications team. The Volunteer Resource Center has three primary functions:
1) Volunteer Engagement: Produce three hallmark events that provide volunteer opportunities for the community and young families: Mitzvah Day, Supplies for Success, and March Mega Food Drive/March Mitzvah Madness. In addition, the Manager of the VRC curates a library of volunteer opportunities available to community members, works with Bar/Bat Mitzvah families for tikkun olam projects, and provides additional opportunities to connect the community to volunteerism and Federation.
2) Fundraising –Steward and engage participants to become donors, utilizing the VRC as an important portal of entry to Federation. In addition, the manager is responsible for building a corporate sponsorship program for individual events as well as the VRC in total.
3) Community Outreach: Build relationships with other non-profits in and out of the Jewish community as partners for the Volunteer Resource Center.
• Execute the three hallmark events a year that are opportunities for building volunteerism in the community as well as a recruitment tool for Federation.
• Build a portfolio of volunteers to steward and cultivate as donors and leaders in Federation.
• Build the corporate sponsorship program for the Volunteer Resource Center and the hallmark events.
• Expand community organization partnerships in and out of the Jewish community to position Federation as the Jewish leader in the broader community.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA/BS degree.
• Self-motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management and organizational skills, and a sense of humor.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team with diverse groups of staff and volunteers, and to work independently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Flexible to work evenings and occasional Sundays.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel preferred.
• Strong personal commitment to the Federation mission.
• Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.