Department: Financial Resource Development
Reports to: Director, Women’s Philanthropy
Status: Full-time Exempt Position
Location: Northern New Jersey
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Associate Director, Women’s Philanthropy (WP) will be an integral member of Federation’s Financial Resource Development (FRD) Team with the primary responsibility of helping to foster the overall success and long-term direction of Federation’s FRD functions, particularly in the Women’s philanthropy department. Working with the Director of the department, the Associate Director will be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the approximately 400 donors incorporated in Women’s Philanthropy. Specifically, the Associate Director of Women’s Philanthropy will assist in the development and stewardship of Women’s Philanthropy’s $1,000-$9,999 donors, “upgrading” prospects, and the cultivation of new donors. The Associate Director is a member of the development team, and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy.
• In conjunction with the FRD management, staff, and lay leadership, help develop an aggressive strategy to increase donor participation in the Annual Campaign (unrestricted annual giving).
• Work collaboratively with Women’s Philanthropy Director and lay leadership to plan, develop, and implement programs that advance the mission of Women’s Philanthropy.
• Cultivate and solicit a pipeline of donors and future donor prospects with giving of $1,000 - $9,999 annually.
• Record all donor contacts in Millennium.
• Work with Women’s Philanthropy Director to manage and grow the Women’s Philanthropy Campaign.
• Help plan and staff various Women’s Philanthropy campaign events.
• Manage Business & Professional Women’s group.
• Collaborate with FRD team members to help ensure success with other affinity groups and Federation events as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA/BS degree.
• 3-5 years development experience.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivated; ability to work effectively as part of a team; sense of humor.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Database and Internet.
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
• Strong personal commitment to the JFNNJ mission.
• Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
• Flexibility to work evenings and occasional Sundays.