Hillel at the Klehr Center for Jewish Life
As the Director for the Klehr Center for Jewish Life, you will provide vision, direction, supervision, and support for the day to day operations of the Klehr Center for Jewish Life. This includes providing supervision to Klehr Center staff, working closely with the Hillel student group, and maintaining the Center itself. You are responsible for cultivating and supporting vibrant Jewish life on Franklin & Marshall's campus.
What You’ll Do
• Oversight of all Klehr Center for Jewish Life programming, budget, and facilities.
• Advisor to the Hillel student group and support of all Religious, Educational and Social programs provided by Hillel across the campus and within the Center. The Director will partner closely with their staff in advising and supporting the Hillel student group.
• Serve as a member of the Division of Student Affairs team, including: Participate in Division of Student Affairs and College Wide Committees; • Engage in on-going professional development provided by the Division of Student Affairs and the College.
• Provide guidance and direction to the Klehr Center of Jewish Life Board of Directors, (Alumni, Parents, Friends and Students). The Board provides guidance and advice as well as support for fundraising, building alumni and parent relationships and new student recruitment.
• Serve as a liaison to faculty, staff, students and community members regarding Jewish Life at F&M.
• Assist Admissions with the recruitment of new students - with emphasis on Jewish Students.
• Engage with the program of Judaic Studies by serving as a resource, collaborator with student programming, and recruitment of students
• Learn more about the Klehr Center for Jewish Life.
What You’ve Accomplished
• Master's degree is required.
• 4-7 years relevant work experience is required.
• The ability to maintain and supervise a Kosher kitchen is required.
• Intermediate proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Gmail, Sheets, Drive and Slides).
• The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
What You’ll Receive
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
About Hillel at the Klehr Center for Jewish Life
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
Individuals who need an accommodation due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3995.
Franklin & Marshall is proud to offer a smoke-free work environment.