Adath Israel is a Conservative synagogue in Merion Station, PA. We are a thriving Jewish community on the Main Line with approximately 800 families. We are looking to engage a full time Communications & Program Coordinator. This position requires excellent communication, understanding of programming and event planning, marketing strategies, social media channels, and web site creative content. Must be independent, creative, enjoy working collaboratively, friendly, patient, flexible and self-driven. Work well with volunteers and collaborate with the synagogue professional team, reports directly to the Executive Director. This position requires occasionally staying late during our busy seasons (i.e. High Holiday, Annual Fundraiser or for other event related and programming tasks) and requires some evening and weekend presence.
Responsible for coordinating all programs and events at/for Adath Israel:
• Create and maintain the calendar of holidays, programs, meetings and events.
• Responsible for updating social media platforms and keeping all media outlets current including website, lobby screens and door signs.
• Prepare and manage all marketing/communications. (create all flyers and publicity materials, quarterly bulletin and weekly e-mail).
• Maintain and develop relationships with other organizations and partners for outreach and cross-promotion.
• Responsible for coordinating with volunteers, lay leaders and staff all holidays, programs, meetings and events.
• Attend events as needed to set-up, registration, payments, track attendees, and database entry and ensure events are running smoothly.
• Promote, coordinate and oversee all aspects of outside rentals of facility and parking lot, working closely with Executive Director.
• Assist and help visitors with tours and facility rentals
• Assist with front office support (answering phones, mailings, tours, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, prioritization and follow-up.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, writing and grammatical
• Experience with event planning, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
• Experience designing and producing promotional materials.
• Experience with ShulCloud, Canva and Constant Contact a plus.
• Experienced with e-mail marketing platforms, contact databases, design platforms and social media outlets.
• High level of customer service and professional demeanor.
• Ability to interact with visitors and staff in a professional, efficient, friendly, calm and helpful manner.
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and practices is helpful, but not required.