The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks an experienced, motivated individual for the Director, of Campaign and Fundraising Strategies. This position will plan and implement the annual campaign, as well as fundraising strategies to achieve short- and long-term fundraising goals for the Federation. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human services programming.
• Develop and implement all facets of the annual campaign, providing overall direction for increasing donor engagement and giving, as well increasing efficacy of fundraising strategies.
• Brings new approaches and innovative approaches to the annual campaign and other streams of fundraising.
• Partners with volunteer leadership of the annual campaign to execute campaign strategy while serving as the project manager for all campaign events.
• Identifies and cultivates prospective donors.
• Build and strengthen relationships with key volunteers to advance their connection with philanthropy and the Federation.
• Provides support to leadership to identify, initiate, and develop fundraising efforts.
• Designs and implement fundraiser education and training opportunities for volunteer leadership.
• Cultivates and stewards prospective and current donors and volunteers.
• Reviews and evaluates current campaign and fundraising systems and processes and where necessary develops strategies to improve the Federation’s fundraising objectives.
• Develops campaign plans for greater efficiency and effectiveness in raising funds and increasing donors to the annual campaign.
• Partners with appropriate staff to implement the annual campaign strategies.
• Evaluates event and program effectiveness for ROI.
• Collaborates with Marketing on the creation and implementation of internal and external fundraising communications ..
• Manages campaign budgets in collaboration with senior leadership.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Develops, distributes and manages the work of departmental staff.
• Provide regular coaching and feedback to staff.
• Works with staff to develop yearly performance goals.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry is a plus.
• Strong integrity is required to establish fundraising goals.
• Exceptional communication and influencing skills are required to work with diverse groups.
• Extensive leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent analytical skills to analyze information to measure the effectiveness of fundraising strategies and programs.
• Establishes interpersonal business relationships to facilitate donor relationships.
• Proficient in budget development and budget management skills.
• Effective organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This role requires frequent travel by automobile with the availability for additional hours including nights and weekends at organization sponsored events.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience.
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization is highly preferred with at least 2-3 years of success leading teams.
• Experience working with volunteers within the non-profit sector, strongly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of donor relationship CRM software.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• May be required to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
The position is a full time exempt and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based on education, experience and accomplishments.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter, resume and compens**********************of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Attn: Human Resources Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value. If you need a special accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.