The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks an experienced, motivated individual for the Event Manager role. The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human welfare services.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute major events (expected attendance 100+) for the entire organization.
• Oversee and ensure seamless execution of all events.
• Collaborate with staff and, where applicable, with event volunteer leaders on coordination of events.
• Plan major events throughout the course of the year in conjunction with the event’s lead staff person.
• Help to determine event strategy and marketing, conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to
help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Create and track event budget estimates and ensure adherence to these budgets.
• Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
• Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Help to determine creative direction for each event, including design work as needed.
• Work closely with Marketing Department and other staff to create and to monitor the marketing timeline.
• Coordinate staff roles, event job descriptions and training per event.
• Provide on-site, day-of event management.
• Complete follow-up on all events including final contract resolutions, payments and so forth.
• Work to enhance onsite Federation branding across events
• Maintain, organize, and track offsite storage and inventory
• Coordinate alcohol use and distribution for all meetings and events, including purchasing, tracking
and quarterly budget reimbursements.
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Exceptional research abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with a wide variety of staff and personalities
• Outstanding negotiation skills
• Valid driver’s license and car required; some local travel required
• Ability to lift at least 30 pounds, squat, kneel and climb stairs
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in relevant or related field and 1-3 years of event experience or work in related activities.
Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and compensation requirements the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Attention: Human Resources Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.