Director of Student Life, Hillel BC
Hillel BC Society is searching for a Director of Student Life effective March 1, 2020.
Hillel BC is a dynamic organization whose mission is to support Jewish student life on university and college campuses across British Columbia. The organization’s base of operations is in a central location on the University of British Columbia (UBC) campus in a new and modern facility.
The organization seeks a passionate, creative and engaging Director of Student Life to:
• Oversee a wide range of programs, including Shabbat and holiday celebrations, social opportunities, social justice projects and Jewish learning opportunities.
• Manage and develop a team of program staff.
• Build and sustain supportive and constructive relationships with students and staff.
• Identify uninvolved student populations and develop strategies for connecting with, engaging and serving them.
• Develop key relationships with professionals from the university, facilitating partnerships in the planning and actualization of programs and activities.
• Report to the Executive Director and support budgeting and development activities as needed
• Create and implement Hillel BC’s advocacy strategy on a local campus level in partnership with the ED and Hillel BC advocacy partners CIJA and CJPAC
• Prepare for, and respond to, anti-Israel/antisemitic incidents on campus in collaboration with students and off-campus partners
We want someone who excels at:
• Building relationships with a wide variety of students.
• Thinking strategically about how to reach and impact students.
• Building pluralistic Jewish communities and creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment on campus.
• Working with and managing a small team.
• Developing and implementing meaningful, compelling programs.
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of quality.
• Thoughtfully listening and helping people connect with the resources they need
• Creating and implementing strategic campaigns to advance advocacy objectives
• A Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in experiential education, leadership development, or relationship-based engagement. Master’s degree and/or professional experience in Jewish organizations are a plus.
• Background in Jewish tradition, ideas and practice, and the ability to engage in meaningful Jewish conversations.
• A self-starter – creative, highly motivated, driven to succeed, reflective and open.
• A dynamic personality and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Hillel BC offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email provided below.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should include a cover letter and resume in one document when applying for this position. Please attach the document as a Word or PDF file.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.