Time Commitment: Full-Time
How To Apply: Please send a cover*****************surate with experience
Overview: The Grassroots Community Organizer will be responsible for building local chapters, supporting local leaders in that effort, help grow those chapters, and mobilizing them into direct action.
• The Candidate has a deep passion for progressive issues and for Zionism, and is deeply motivated to engage in support of both causes.
• The Candidate is a self-starter, capable of producing with minimal oversight.
• The Candidate understands they’re part of a “start-up” organization. As such, they should expect an all-hands-on-deck approach and that they may be asked to tackle items that aren’t specifically outlined in their job scope. All members of Zioness staff commit to being a team player who will fill in gaps as needed.
• The Candidate is well organized, detail-oriented, and professional.
• The Candidate is capable of performing at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
• The Candidate commits to embodying the values of Zioness in public and private, during work hours and non-work hours, and commits to positively representing the organization at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
• Two plus years experience in community organizing, with an emphasis on long-term base building.
• The Candidate has a strong understanding of community organizing and online organizing principles, strategies, and tactics.
• The Candidate is an effective organizer, capable of building a “field plan” and executing that plan to drive turn out to meetings and direct actions, ensuring all logistical items are addressed and needs provided for, and
• The Candidate can effectively recruit, train, and coordinate volunteer members.
• The Candidate can effectively build rapport with volunteer members.
• The Candidate has strong communication and writing skills and enjoys working directly with people.
• The Candidate has strong social media skills, and understands how to use online tools to drive online and offline engagement.
• Proficiency with Canva, NGP VAN/EveryAction, Action Network, Slack, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other common online organizing platforms.
• Support the Grassroots Organizing Director in the implementation of the Organization’s distributed organizing strategy with localized groups across the country including:
• Online/remote education for onboarding chapter leaders in accordance with the Organization’s Strategic Plan.
• Online/remote education strategy for on-going training of chapter leaders/members in accordance with the Organization’s Strategic Plan.
• Online/remote education strategy for training chapter leaders/members to engage in direct advocacy in their local communities in line with Organization’s Strategic Plan.
• Remote community building of members and across the country, and connecting leaders to scale and duplicate successful strategies in accordance with the Organization’s Strategic Plan.
• Organizing members, allies, and their friends to show up at actions the Organization, or its allies, are hosting/ coordinating/organizing.
• Growing chapter membership by helping local leaders identify individuals to engage, and/or directly engaging individuals and groups in the local community who may not yet be active members and fostering connections with local leadership.
• Implementing and/or developing the Organization’s curriculum, content, and online toolkits/resources relative to the items outlined above, or any other strategic imperative in line with the Organization’s Strategic Plan
• Help implement and execute the Organization’s national/state/local direct action efforts and support members in the execution of events as applicable.
• Provide regular engagement opportunities for members.
• Serve as a point of contact for local group leadership, as assigned.
• Fully support all efforts to execute The Organization’s strategic plan, as assigned.