Who We Are:
Founded in 2006, Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh) empowers young adults to create their own dream Jewish communities through a variety of programs. You can visit over a hundred Moishe Houses in 20 different countries, join the community of 700 Moishe House Without Walls (MHWOW) hosts, learn at weekend-long retreats, plan your own retreat, or attend Jewish summer camp for adults! No matter how or where you find your connection with Moishe House, you have the freedom to define what Judaism means to you.
The 700 MHWOW (pronounced letter “M”, letter “H”, and WOW) hosts around the world gather their peers for Jewish experiences that range from Friday night Shabbat dinners, holidays, learning events, and cultural celebrations. MHWOW hosts decide who they want to invite, where they want to host, what they want to explore in Judaism, and when they want to gather. This flexibility empowers MHWOW hosts to explore, create, or refine their own Jewish practice. MHWOW hosts receive funding and resources to make programs relevant and accessible to their communities. In 2019, MHWOW hosts created nearly 4,000 programs for 20,000 attendees.
The MHWOW team is looking for a Program Manager to oversee all MHWOW activity on the east coast. This role will manage all existing MHWOW hosts in large hubs, and will expand MHWOW into communities where the organization does not currently have a Moishe House.
Who you are:
- You understand and believe in our mission and bring a passion for Jewish life.
- You are a skilled relationship builder, conversationalist, and recruiter.
- You are excited about supporting a diverse group of MHWOW hosts from different backgrounds with varying programming interests.
- You approach challenges with creativity, and offer efficient and creative solutions.
A Day in the Life:
The MHWOW Program Manager is a member of the MHWOW. We are seeking a team player who will have responsibility for maintaining and growing MHWOW on the east coast, including:
MHWOW Host Support and Management (40% of your time)
-Developing relationships with individual MHWOW hosts in the region through frequent remote interactions, site visits, and in-person gatherings
- Collaborating with Marketing and Jewish Education teams to develop timely resources for Jewish rituals, holidays, or cultural celebrations that hosts use
- Managing host administration, including program approvals, reimbursement approvals, data tracking, and database management
MHWOW Recruitment and Expansion (40% of your time)
- Expanding MHWOW and Moishe House presence in new communities and cities that currently do not have a Moishe House
- Completing site visits (1 – 3 days in length) to learn more about communities and understand varying needs; meeting with potential MHWOW hosts and partner organizations
- Scheduling and leading relationship building conversations with local young adult organizations (secular and Jewish) and leaders to identify possible MHWOW hosts, while curating and maintaining a list of contacts in target locations
- Collaborating with Marketing department to develop and utilize new recruitment materials on social media, email marketing, and video content
- Maintaining accurate data
Special Projects (20% of your time)
- Collaborating with Development and Marketing team to share stories and statistics about MHWOW hosts
- Supporting and staffing weekend-long retreats with Moishe House community builders from across North America
- Offering programming or logistics support for MHWOW retreats
- Supporting MHWOW hosts and fundraising during Moishe House’s annual WE ARE campaign
Why You? ~ Because You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree; additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant full-time professional experience
- Measurable experience in recruiting new participants to a program and maintaining an active network.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, proactive, deliver results, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm for hosting Jewish peer-led programming.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out as planned.
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively.
- Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position, working primarily Monday through Friday during business hours in a coworking space. Occasional weekends may also be required.
This position is located in Boston, Washington, DC, Charlotte, or Atlanta, reports to the MHWOW Associate Director, and is a member of the MHWOW team. Starting salary for this position is between $44,000 and $48,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements and based on location.
Thinking of Joining the Moishe House Team?
We provide a comprehensive benefits and compensation package, including:
- Competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements
- Annual merit-based salary increases
- 100% of employee health/dental/vision benefits, including flexible spending account options
- 15 days paid-time off (more accrued through years of service)
- Paid standard and floating US & Jewish holidays, with early closure for Shabbat, and paid Parental Leave
- 401k with match up to 3% after 1 year of employment
And our perks include:
- Getting to work with our global network of Moishe House employees and community members
- Up to $500 annually for professional development opportunities and clear career paths for each position
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Modern, accessible office options
- Paid travel on behalf of Moishe House including per diem, gym classes, and accommodations
- Opportunity to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences in North America
How to Apply
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Applying for a job with Moishe House?
Wondering what to expect? Here is a preview of possible steps throughout our recruiting process.
- All applicants will receive a confirmation email within one business day of receiving your application
- Video interview using an online app
- Video interview with the hiring manager or other leaders
- Skills assessment
- In-person interview
- Three professional references (including at least one supervisor)
If you are the selected candidate, we will call you to make an offer and provide the offer in writing. All offers are contingent on successfully completing a background check. If you are not the selected candidate, we will write or call you to let you know.
Above all, we appreciate your enthusiasm for Moishe House and promise to be mindful and respectful throughout this process—we’ll be in touch!