Temple Micah is a vibrant and growing Reform synagogue located in DC. We are looking for a personable, highly organized individual who enjoys making a difference and takes pride in their work to join our remarkable team. Our warmth and dynamism spring naturally from our respect for diversity and our commitment to education, innovation and community engagement. You will work within a team-oriented culture that’s committed to the care and support we give our members. You will leverage your skills across a complex, multi-faceted organization, and you will make contributions that have a positive impact on our congregants’ lives every day.
We are currently searching for a Communications & Administrative Associate with excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with careful attention to detail. You will be in a collaborative, hard-working, and fun work environment. We value work-life balance and support our employees’ development.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Keep website (WordPress) fresh and up-to-date
• Maintain social media presence
• Create content for web and print materials, such as text, photos, sliders, and other graphically designed images
• Coordinate with staff and develop weekly email to congregation
• Design print materials such as posters and flyers for programs and events
• Proofread written material for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Professional administrative and clerical support for multiple departments
• Data entry, file maintenance, and process incoming and outgoing mail
• Engage with members and lay leaders on a daily basil
• With other staff, answer phone lines and monitor secure front entrance
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
• Complete other projects and tasks as needed
• College degree preferred, or equivalent experience in administrative support
• Skill in graphic design
• Familiarity with website content management
• Possess computer savvy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications (Calendar, Gmail, Google Docs, Drive), basic proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher, and/or InDesign
• 3+ years of hands-on administrative support
• Prioritize and track multiple tasks and both short and long-term projects with superb accuracy
• Possess exceptional customer service skills, and be able to write, speak, and interact clearly and professionally
• Handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
For the right candidate, this position could be modified to part-time.
Please send cover letter and resume.