Striar Hebrew Academy is a coeducational, Modern Orthodox elementary school in Sharon, a beautiful town halfway between from Boston and Providence. We are seeking a warm, engaging, and passionate Judaic Studies teachers for our 2nd-5th grade classes.
The primary duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Limudei Kodesh, including: Chumash, Halacha, Chagim, and Parshat Hashavua
- Lead an engaging Tefila
- Collaborate with colleagues within and across subject areas
- Assist in planning full school holiday programs and attend school functions including Shabbatonim
- Fulfill other non-teaching duties as assigned by the Head of School
The successful candidate will have the following skills and dispositions:
- A love of children and a passion for teaching
- A belief in Modern Orthodoxy as a wholehearted expression of Torah values
- A love of Talmud Torah, and a desire to be a lifelong learner
- A desire to grow as an educator
- Patience and empathy with children and colleagues.
- Be self-reflective, able to work independently, and committed to professional growth.
- Possess a ready and willing sense of humor.
- Possess an understanding of current teaching pedagogies and adolescent development
- Model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
- Personalize instruction and assessment to maximize student learning.
- A comfort with multi-age and center-based learning
- Develop excellent classroom culture incorporating the use of fair and consistent standards.
- Develop lessons that engage students in higher order thinking
- Provide a safe learning environment in which students can take intellectual risks
- Create an environment that fosters a growth mindset
• 2-5 years teaching experience
• B.A., Master’s Degree in education or a related field, or Smicha (or smicha equivalent).
• Able to pass state and federal background checks
• Clear TB and criminal background check upon hire