Join the most powerful and influential Jewish organization in the USA who is committed to strengthening the relationship of the Diaspora to the Land and People of Israel. Programs include making the Negev Desert bloom, building water reservoirs to alleviate Israel’s water shortage, bringing a smile to the face of a person with disabilities, transforming a barren wasteland by planting 250 million trees, keeping our youth strongly committed to Israel – these are but a few of the countless impacts JNF makes possible every day.
Jewish National Fund has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_digital_v-1.pdf), a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel’s Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, Israel educational engagement and Aliyah from North America. JNF is involved in education engagement for children from K-7, students in High School, college and then investing and growing our young adults affinity group, JNFuture, aged 25-40. JNF is always looking and working towards investing in the future, evidenced by our acquisition of the Alexander Muss High School in Israel that will ensure a transformative semester abroad experience for American Jewish youth in Israel.
JNF is an innovative, strategic organization that hires thinkers who want to be a part of growing their connection to the Land and People of Israel.
We are seeking a Director, Tri-State. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing the short and long-term philanthropic strategies, staff and lay leadership development and major gifts within the Tri-State Region, which includes Long Island, Westchester, Bergen County and the 5 boroughs.
The Director, Tri-State’s main priorities will include expanding JNF’s annual giving through major gifts and expanding the organization’s donor base, board and committee development and team building. Enhancing JNF’s profile and ensuring that our organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment. This position will recruit and manage a major gifts board with lay leaders and focus on major gift growth.
The candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF mission and Israel.
The Director, Tri-State will first and foremost focus on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high-net worth individuals. The Director will supervise staff, manage day to day operations, and the annual campaign. The Director will be expected to attend many meetings and events which will take place in the evening and weekends and occasional travel to other States and Israel.
• Engage in direct and systematic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high net worth individuals with a focus on closing six-figure gifts and above. Develop strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals.
• The stewardship of existing major gift donor relationships; identify and cultivate new major gift donors; renew financial commitments of existing major gift donors
• Foster relationships with financial advisors, attorneys, donors, and other partners who can facilitate in the promotion and acquisition of major and planned gifts, bequests and annuities
• Lead the activities that will directly result in prospect identification, engagement and successful solicitations
• Build and facilitate philanthropic capacity by maintaining collaborative relations with other organizations in greater New York area
• Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position JNF ahead of major funding changes or trends; utilize best practices and innovative fundraising approaches
• Must utilize the JNF Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships.
• At least 10 years of progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, sales, or a client driven business
• Extensive experience working with senior-level executives
• Significant experience leading and growing successful fundraising/sales functions including building strategies to strengthen and increase funding from a diverse range of sources including individual donors, private corporations and philanthropic foundations
• Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing fundraising strategies
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising function to be even more strategic, innovative, and results-oriented
• Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
• Strong experience in team building and fostering a collaborative background
• Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems