The Omaha metropolitan area is home to nearly one million people, diverse and affordable neighborhoods, vibrant nightlife, exciting museums and attractions, including the highest rated zoo in the world (ranked #1 by tripadvisor.com), and Temple Israel, a 650-family Reform congregation and partner of the award-winning Tri-Faith Initiative.
Our new building, opened just seven years ago, was intentionally constructed with the American Muslim Institute and the Countryside Community Church (UCC) as our next-door neighbors and Tri-Faith partners. This unique campus makes Temple Israel’s community unlike any in the country. And with two other synagogues, a Jewish day school, and the JCC just minutes away, we are situated right in the heart of Jewish Omaha.
Temple Israel’s passionate teen leaders are prepared to take their programs to a new level of creativity and innovation. We are seeking a full-time Director of Youth Engagement to guide this process of change and develop a sustainable community for Jewish preteens, teens, and young adults. This role includes:
- Supervising the senior (9th-12th grade) and junior (7th-8th grade) youth groups
- Training and mentoring teen leaders
- Planning and running camp retreat weekends
- Teaching and providing administration for teen classes
- Marketing and maintaining communication with teens and their families
- Traveling locally, nationally, and internationally for teen trips and NFTY events
- Recruiting participants for Jewish summer camps and travel experiences
- Coordinating family learning programs
- Building partnerships with other Omaha Jewish and Tri-Faith teen programs
- Collaborating as a staff member on congregation-wide events and activities
- Supporting the Director of Congregational Learning on some administrational tasks
- Engaging with Jewish young adults (20’s/30’s) in the Omaha area
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree and prior experience with Jewish youth in congregational, school, and/or camp settings. The job is available beginning July 1, 2020, and pays $35,000-$40,000 per year (based on experience) plus benefits and funding for professional development. For a more details job description, visit: templeisraelomaha.com/careers