Temple Shalom of Newton is a vibrant and growing Reform Jewish community of roughly 650 families. We have a diverse congregation and a wide variety of programs and activities. Our collaborative staff and lay leaders are eager to help new and existing members engage in ways that are meaningful to them and make the process of receiving and sharing information smooth and efficient.
Overview: The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for creation and implementation of synagogue messaging strategy both internally and externally. This includes ongoing evaluation and updating of materials (online and print) and ensuring production and distribution. In addition, the position supports programming and engagement initiatives as they relate to design and materials. The Marketing & Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Generate channels for publicizing programs, events, exciting moments in our community including (but not limited to) advertising, articles, blog posts, calendar entries, social media events)
- Initiate meetings with staff/lay leaders to collaborate on marketing roll outs (timing/images/etc.)
- Create and maintain a planful calendar of event marketing many months out
- Develop unique strategies for messaging on multiple social media accounts (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Generate press releases and other story telling devices directed to the broader community.
- Develop a consistent look for branded collateral and marketing standards
- Establish and maintain marketing parameters and policies and establish expectations for community partners. Perhaps develop a form for event planners to submit.
- Generate professional graphic marketing for events and programs with branded theme and strategy
- Regularly review the calendar far in advance and have marketing materials prepared and waiting for release
- Manage multiple social media accounts for the Temple and program areas
- Expertise in marketing and communications and skills in creating strategies for each
- Advanced skills in graphic design or ability to work in close relationship with a graphic designer
- Ability to craft succinct messages to communicate program details and intentions
- Advanced computer and technical proficiency and the ability to independently learn new software or technology, including databases (Shul Cloud, Notebird, etc.)
- Ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Access to organization health insurance plan & pension program
- Vacation and sick time
- All national and some Jewish holidays off