Director of Judaic and Hebrew Studies
Ilan Ramon Day School, a vibrant community Jewish Day School in Agoura, CA seeks a passionate educational professional to join its administrative team as Director of Judaic and Hebrew Studies. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated success in school administration, educational leadership and classroom teaching. They will develop and implement creative and innovative opportunities to inspire connections between Ilan Ramon families and Judaism. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are expected, along with a growth mindset, and school leadership experience. The Director of Hebrew and Judaic Studies will work collaboratively with the Head of School and be responsible for:
• Preparing and conducting weekly Shabbat services, holiday services, as well as coordinating all Judaic holiday programs and grade-level culminations.
• Developing and disseminating Judaic and Hebrew curriculum
• Supervising the evaluation and ordering of instructional materials
• Identifying opportunities for curriculum integration; planning and implementation.
• Working with faculty to ensure consistent expectations for academic achievement; students’ social, emotional and spiritual development and an atmosphere of creativity, collaboration and innovation.
• Collaborating in the development, implementation, review and evaluation of curriculum, new educational programs, technology integration, instruction and professional development.
• Collaborating in the oversight of daily academic operations including scheduling, student records, discipline, parent conferencing, field trips, enrichment, etc…..
•Conducting parent and teacher educational programming
• Serving on administrative team to support all school functions including communal experiences, admissions, accreditation, alumni and community relations.... as well as other teaching and supervisory responsibilities to be determined.
Ilan Ramon Day School prepares our children to embrace the diverse challenges of the 21st century. We are a community Jewish day school with an integrated curriculum focused on critical thinking, community involvement, the values of Judaism, and a personal connection to Israel. Our innovative program develops lifelong learners and leaders by emphasizing intellectual, spiritual and creative development with a focus on the social-emotional growth of each student.
• A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
• A current resume
• A brief personal statement
• The names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
To learn more about IRDS, please visit our website: www.ilanramondayschool.com