SALARY/STATUS: Salary commensurate with experience / Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for creating strategy, organizing, and directing all of the LFJCC & CJC's fundraising and development functions, including major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events and capital/comprehensive campaigns. This is a senior position that manages a $3.5 million annual portfolio with a team of 4 professional staff. Strengths in supervising, relationship building and interpersonal skills are of critical importance. The organization is in the midst of a major comprehensive campaign, and the Director of Development will be looked to for leadership and innovation with this project, as well as new opportunities and existing practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field is required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience leading fundraising/development efforts in a non-profit setting.
• Proven successful track record in seeking, preparing, securing and monitoring grant proposals.
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions.
• Deep appreciation and understanding of the LFJCC’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
• Proven budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
• Excellent managerial skills including at least 5 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong leadership and organization skills, attention to detail, and good judgement.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite, Google suite, and ability to learn software systems with minimal supervision. Past experience in Tessitura, Greater Giving and/or Wealth Engine a plus.
• Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
• Occasionally required to lift, pull, climb, kneel, and bend.
• Regularly required to communicate.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to do light lifting (maximum 25 lbs. – e.g. box of copy paper) as needed is required.