The Gan HaYeled Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation is a progressive, warm, and welcoming, NAEYC Accredited Early Childhood School in the heart of Washington, DC., known for its strong community of students, parents, and faculty. The Gan is the perfect place for children to learn, grow and create, explore, and have fun!
The Gan seeks passionate, professional early childhood educators for the position of Assistant Teacher and/or Support Staff (“Floater”). Assistant Teachers and Support Staff will provide a supportive, nurturing, and encouraging learning environment for our students.
- Create and implement evidence-based, responsive, intentional, and play-based/emergent curriculum, and have high-quality teacher-child interactions
- Create and maintain a classroom space that offers children an attractive, engaging environment
- Work to create supportive relationships with children, parents and staff. Be an effective team player, and work collaboratively with teaching team, and school administration.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy classroom
- Develop effective communication and partnership with families
- Conduct two parent conferences a year to discuss child development with parents and/or guardians and write corresponding student narratives
- Guide and support students’ acquisition of social skills
- Be responsible for children’s safety at all times and in all settings
- Implement the developmental screenings on all children
- Implement IFSPs (Individual Family Service Plan) or IEPs (Individualized Education Plan) as needed
- Provide ongoing observation and authentic assessment of individual children and maintain a comprehensive portfolio assessment for each child
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Respond to regular, direct instructional coaching feedback
- Support Staff will work in multiple classrooms throughout the week based on ongoing projects, teacher:student ratio, and best fit.
- Experience as an educator in an early childhood program preferred
- CDA, A.A., and/or B.A. preferred
- Knowledge of OSSE compliance preferred
- Knowledge of NAEYC standards preferred
- Familiarity with progressive, Reggio Emilia, play based, project based curriculum development and learning
- Teaching experience in multicultural environments preferred
- Generous vacation/sick leave, including two additional paid weeks off for winter and spring break.
- Medical and dental insurance for full time staff
- Discounted child care
- Professional Development opportunities available
- Congenial work atmosphere