Hillels of Georgia
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillels of Georgia as Development Associate. You’ll power Hillel by supporting efforts to connect people, vital funds and resources to our mission.
Main Function: The Development Associate assists in all Hillels of Georgia fundraising efforts. This position will support development campaigns and assist with marketing and events. This position will also manage the CRM and donor research.
• Assist with and execute the planning and development of collateral materials for solicitation and stewardship
• Assist in the planning and execution of parent and alumni engagement activities: communications, events, fundraising, and online community activities
• Solicitation and stewardship via email and phone
special events and meetings planning
• Manage and provide technical support for data base (CRM)
• Prepare and maintain reports on giving as needed
• Provide support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events
• Maintain records and resource materials to assist in the cultivation of major donor prospects interested
• Solicit parents, alumni, friends of Hillel
• Monitors outstanding pledges and preparing pledge reminders and correspondence.
• Produces database reporting as needed
• Assist of management of mass email system
• Coordinate mailings and other correspondence
• Responds to internal requests for information that assists development staff in donor cultivation
• Edits and proofreads correspondence and reports as needed
Qualifications and special skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Fundraising and special events experience preferred
• Marketing and public relations skills
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
• Organizational, interpersonal, networking
• An understanding of Hillel, community and university resources
• Ability to learn CRM software, with a preference of someone who has used a CRM
• Basic foundation in WordPress—not a requirement, but a nice to have
• A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, do-it-yourself, start-up environment
• The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff members and partner university personnel
• The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines
• Ability to consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism in demeanor, attire and personal interactions.
What You’ll Receive
• A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
• Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of Georgia is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.