The Measurement Team at Hillel International is looking for a new team member to join our dynamic, fun and innovative team. This role is perfect for someone who loves working with numbers as well as people, enjoys playing as a member of the team in the (database) sandbox and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position can be based in either New York, NY or Washington, DC.
What you do well:
• You are highly organized and detail oriented and you move projects forward efficiently and effectively.
• You build relationships easily through strong interpersonal, communication skills and a customer service orientation.
• You enjoy working with data as well as with people.
• You focus on continuous improvement through creative strategies and initiatives.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing needs.
• You adapt quickly and are willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
What you bring to the job:
• A bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of work experience.
• Analytical skills and strong proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with (or an interest in learning) database management, particularly Salesforce.
• Administrative experience, strong project management skills and the ability to move forward multiple projects simultaneously.
• An organized and detail-oriented approach to work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven record of building productive working relationships.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• A sense of humor and a willingness to learn.
• Coursework in (and enjoyment of) statistics/analytics a plus!
What you'll own:
• You'll help build and maintain a culture that values measurement and focuses on continuous improvement throughout the Hillel network.
• You'll work with departments across the Schusterman International Center to collect data and maintain the accuracy of databases.
• You'll help collect data from Hillels in North America annually, for Measuring Excellence, and throughout the year for other programs that require this information more regularly.
• You'll provide customer service to users of our student engagement tracking system.
• You'll help ensure that databases are clean and accurate and will help implement practices that keep our systems easy to use.
• You'll work with our affiliate organizations and their stakeholders to access and understand their data and to improve upon tracking and reporting methods.
• You'll support new research and pilot programs as we continue to evolve measurement.
What you'll get out of it:
• A passionate, friendly, and motivated team that loves to work collaboratively.
• Exceptional professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
• A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
• Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this position is $47,000 - $52,000.
• Flexible work hours.
• Independent and hands-on work in an exciting environment.
What We're About
Hillel International is the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally to help Jewish students make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel, Hillel serves students at more than 550 colleges, universities and communities. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. This position is in the Schusterman International Center Human Resources department which manages HR for employees working in our various Schusterman International Center offices.
About Hillel's Charles And Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.