The Ramah Professional Internships Director will coordinate pre- and post-camp internships for our college-age staff. This is a new program and demonstrates Ramah’s commitment to nurturing young adults' talent and potential while providing them with professional networks and Ramah mentors. Utilizing our network of camp alumni and parents, the director will identify a wide variety of entry-level job experiences and provide interns with training and mentors who share similar backgrounds and a passion for Camp Ramah.
We envision providing 75 internships in our first year and increasing that number annually.
Responsibilities will include:
• Network with Ramah camp directors to identify suitable alumni as candidates for part-time employment
• Recruit and interview students being considered for internships
• Identify potential employers and internships by networking with Ramah alumni and camper families
• Set expectations and arrange for onboarding training for employers, employees and parents of employees
• Coordinate an advisory committee of lay leaders
• Work with the National Ramah Commission (NRC) business manager (set and manage budget), communications director (public relations and marketing), and development director (fundraising opportunities and preparation of reports to funders)
• Travel within the U.S. and Canada as needed
• HR professional with significant experience in recruitment and training of college-age young adults
• Strong administrative skills (budget, communications, data management)
• Excellent communication skills
• Detail-oriented multi-tasker
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial instincts and skills