The Vocational Employment (Voc Ed) Coordinator will work with the National Ramah Tikvah Network director and National Ramah Commission (NRC) senior leadership to launch a new initiative that will identify meaningful part-time, year-round employment opportunities for alumni of Ramah’s Tikvah Vocational Education summer programs for young adults with disabilities. The Voc Ed Coordinator will interact on a regular basis with individuals with disabilities and their parents, outside professionals in the disabilities inclusion field, and personnel at potential job sites, both for-profit and not-for-profit.
In the first few months, the goal is to match and support 2-4 employee/employer pairs in the New York area, with the expectation of a launch by late spring 2020. Scale up will be based on geographic location of Tikvah voc ed alumni and availability of job opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Network with Camp Ramah Tikvah directors to identify suitable Tikvah voc ed alumni as candidates for year-round employment. Follow up with candidates’ references, schools, transition plan teams, therapists, and parents
• Identify potential employers by networking with Ramah alumni, camper families, and participants in the Ramah Israel Bike Ride and Hiking Trip
• Identify and become familiar with existing supported employment services for individuals with disabilities, first in the New York Metropolitan area and then in additional geographic regions
• Coordinate an advisory committee of lay leaders and volunteer vocational specialists.
• Set expectations and arrange for onboarding training for employers, employees and parents of employees
• Work with the National Ramah Commission (NRC) business manager (set and manage budget), communications director (public relations and marketing), and development director (fundraising opportunities and preparation of reports to funders)
• Collaborate with the Reshet Ramah (alumni) coordinator to assure that Tikvah alumni are aware of and able to participate in Ramah alumni programming
• Travel within the U.S. and Canada as needed
• Minimum 5 years experience working in special education and/or vocational education
• Strong administrative skills (budget, communications, data management)
• Excellent communication skills
• Detail-oriented multi-tasker
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial instincts and skills