Growing and engaging Conservative synagogue seeks a well-organized individual to help manage the daily operations in a friendly and professional manner. The office administrator will be the first face in the office that members and visitors will intact with. They should be warm and friendly when talking with our membership. Our team is active in all aspects of the synagogue. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administrative support to Executive Director, Rabbi and Cantor
• Answer all incoming calls to the synagogue and direct to the appropriate staff member
• Accurate and detailed data entry when processing new member data; maintaining membership database; tracking and ensuring timely thank you notes for donations
• Being knowledgeable about Sutton Place Synagogue activities and programs
Job Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate will have
• Strong organizational & interpersonal skills, with a welcoming and positive attitude and a professional presentation. Customer service focus is critical.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs. Knowledge of Shulcloud is a plus.
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to multi-tasking and prioritize work with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to function effectively in a fluid environment and be a team player
• Capability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely manner
• Flexibility and a healthy sense of humor
• Experience in an office setting
• Familiarity with Jewish customs and practice a plus