Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity, and pluralism, and ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
SHI NA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead our international foundation relations function. This position requires someone who has experience in management and overseeing strategic foundation processes and relationships, excellent writing and editing skills, and a deep understanding of and commitment to SHI’s mission. This professional will supervise grant-writing staff, and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Institutional Advancement as a member of a development team that includes personnel across North America and Israel.
• Develop and implement strategic foundations relations processes, plans, and tools across an international development team and for a wide-range of foundations;
• Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with foundation staff to ensure success throughout the grant process; serve as a face of SHI NA with foundation staff in effectively explaining programmatic and research efforts in North America;
• Lead grantwriting and report processes, managing various development and program staff and deadlines to achieve critical fundraising objectives in an organized and structured manner;
• Oversee high quality preparation of written foundation LOIs and proposals, edit and write when necessary to ensure the persuasive communication of SHI NA’s mission/vision, programs, strategy, learning/evaluation efforts, and impact tailored to the interests of each funder;
• Lead processes to identify and research new foundation relationships and opportunities;
• Collaborate with finance team to ensure that grant budgets and foundation narratives are aligned.
o Superior writing, editing, and relationship skills!
o Exceptionally organized and skilled at managing complex teams, deadlines, and processes
o Highly professional demeanor
o Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
o Experience working with budgets and fiscal acumen
o Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
o Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities
o Able to manage multiple complex tasks
o Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – proven ability using Excel
o Experience working with customer relationship management systems; Proficiency and experience with Salesforce a plus
o Good sense of humor
o A minimum of 10 years of experience in fundraising, not-for-profit operations, or a related field
o MA or equivalent in related field (such as Non-Profit Management, Communications) preferred
Salary range $140,000 - $160,000. Competitive benefits package.
Please send a resum***********************ld include descriptions of positions with relevant experience, and demonstration of successful expertise in the core demands of the position. No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with The Shalom Hartman Institute. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who will be interviewed can expect a response within 2-3 weeks.