We are looking for an experienced, early childhood professional to direct the summer program of a Temple pre-school, ages 1 ½ through 5. The program has 6 groups with a range of 50-60 children. The program runs from June 29th through August 17th.
The candidate must be charismatic, dynamic and creative with good interpersonal skills, who will collaborate with the pre-school director and head of Congregational schools, staff and parents.
The candidate will be responsible for:
1. Setting tone for facility provide vision, leadership, mentoring and assisting current staff
2. Professional development of staff
3. Manage and monitor finances of the program
4. Maintain a safe, clean, age-appropriate environment of the facility
5. Be actively involved in the daily planning and running of each classroom
6. Arranging special events and enrichment programming
7. Some administrative duties
The director serves as the face of the program, communicating with parents about policy, the program and the progress of their children. The director must meet with parents of prospective students and work on recruitment of new students to join the program.