POSITION TITLE: Campaign Associate, Latin Division
DEPARTMENT: Financial Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Annual Campaign
LOCATION: Davie, Florida
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Campaign Associate will focus on financial resource development, leadership development and community building with a concentration on the Latin community and Broward County Agencies Campaign. This includes committee management, program planning and face to face solicitations. The Campaign Associate will also encourage these constituencies to fully participate in the programs sponsored by the Federation. The Campaign Associate will coordinate and build relationships with local agencies, day schools, synagogues, and other organizations as needed to foster a climate of community, collaboration and shared responsibility.
• Ownership and management of specific campaign divisions including the development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the solicitation of general campaign donors below $9,999 and engagement of non-donors, cultivation and leadership development.
• Create engagement programming that are geared towards the Latin community promoting Federation education and giving.
• Manage and utilize appropriate donor research and internal resources to search out potential donors and to capitalize on existing fundraising opportunities.
• Personally cultivate, solicit, and establish on-going relationships with leadership as well as donors and prospects within their portfolio.
• Coordinate the annual engagement events and the Latin annual anchor event.
• Actively contribute to the annual campaign team.
• Coordinate and build relationships with Broward’s Jewish communal agencies to promote a climate of community and collaboration.
• Participate in formulating short range / long range goals and objectives for their portfolio assignments.
• Establish systems and procedures for accountability to achieve goals and enhance effectiveness.
• Ensure the development of a significant relationship for the donor with key professionals or lay leaders that will further connect the donor with Federation in a meaningful way.
• Manage and staff the Latin Initiative Committee of lay leaders.
• Other duties as assigned by the VP, Annual Giving.
• Participate in Super Sunday and other phonathons
• Participate in other campaign-related activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Spanish fluency preferred. Minimum of two years of experience in community organizing and/or financial resource development for a Jewish communal or nonprofit agency. Knowledge of the Jewish customs and traditions preferred. Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office software and other basic programs. Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a leader and as part of a team.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. short distances. Intermittent physical effort required in setting up and breaking down event materials. Must be able to sit / stand extended periods of time. Position requires stamina to work extended day, include early morning, evening and weekend events/meetings in addition to the regular work schedule.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Position requires flexibility with the ability to focus on detail while handling multiple tasks and periods of frequent interruptions. Must be able to plan and organize assignments independently, to create and develop research and to present information effectively to groups.
The job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job. Other responsibilities may be added as deemed necessary.