CBS is a vibrant and growing sixty – seven year old, 215 member Reform congregation in the heart of Napa Valley with membership reaching into Solano and Marin counties. The Synagogue Administrator reports directly to the President of the Board of Trustees and works as a partner with the Rabbi, Music Director and Religious School Coordinator and attends the monthly Board Meetings.
We are looking for a detail-oriented administrator to oversee the day to day operations of the Synagogue. The Synagogue Administrator works closely with the Rabbi, other staff and lay leaders to ensure the success of a wide variety of vibrant and engaging programmatic offerings and experiences for members and the community as a whole. We are seeking a candidate with a desire to be the key point person to ensure that the member experience and community engagement is of vital importance. The ability to manage multiple projects and an ability to work well with a broad range of constituencies is vital.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the followings skills and experience: strong communications skills, expertise in managing business functions including project management, and have an understanding and working knowledge of budgeting, financial planning, and human resources.
• Provide administrative support for the rabbi, Board, and Committees
• Provide appropriate administrative support for and direction to parents, independent contractors, and
members of the teaching and maintenance staff.
• Assume a variety of administrative responsibilities for the building, including:
o Managing up-to-date systems for all administrative procedures
o Handling routine aspects of daily operations including overseeing janitorial crew, the landscaping crew and other maintenance aspects of the building and grounds as necessary
o Providing a welcoming and warm response to congregants and those seeking information on CBS and its programs.
o Assist with membership, Religious School and Camp admissions and enrollment processes
o Coordinate staff payroll data and ensure accuracy of timesheets
o Organize and track new hire paperwork (licensing, emergency contacts, employee handbook, payroll forms, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned by the President or Rabbi
Minimum Qualifications: Requirement
• Excellent computer skills; with an understanding of excel
• Excellent customer service, communication, and writing skills
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Ability to create and maintain deadlines
• Familiar with Jewish traditions, rituals, and customs helpful
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in a similar or complementary position
• Hours: **30 - 35 hours per week 9:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday - Friday