The receptionist will manage all incoming phone calls, walk-in appointments, and other incoming communications that take place between The Aleph Institute’s West Coast branch and the public, including calls from prison and military officials, people in custodial environments, family members of people in prison, donors and others. As the main reception person for the office, this person will have an instrumental role as a problem solver and gate-keeper to help incoming inquiries reach the correct team member. Maintaining professional decorum while screening and routing callers of varying priorities and managing a busy switch board will be a key focus of this role. The receptionist will also be responsible to maintain electronic filing and data entry/management as it pertains to some of The Aleph Institute’s programs. This person may also be asked to fulfill various other administrative tasks for the team according to their availibility.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Aleph Institute is seeking a candidate with experience managing a busy reception desk including answering multiple calls at once and routing them appropriately. Qualified applicants should have professional experience managing a reception desk in a busy office and should feel comfortable interacting with other people of all ages and backgrounds in a sensitive and effective manner. We’re looking for someone who can do well under pressure and who approaches their work with a “can-do” positive attitude. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
• Prior experience of at least one year in a reception or similar role
• Proficient in computer use including online research, Microsoft office suite programs, and google apps
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Supportive of The Aleph Institute’s mission and values (see our website to learn more)
• Ability to operate with ease in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
• Ability to balance competing priorities and needs
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational, inter-personal, and social skills