Congregation Beth Tikvah is a vibrant, inclusive Reform Congregation of 485 families located in Northwest Columbus, Ohio. We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant who is well-organized with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to support the administrative to join our team as a part-time (up to 28 hours per week) employee.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Ability to work independently, strong organizational & problem-solving skills, time-management, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all members and staff of Beth Tikvah
• Conduct oneself with professionalism and a strong sense of customer service
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word & Office Suite, excel, etc. to produce written and graphic documents.
• Maintain security procedures and keep a safe and organized reception area, lobby and vestibule
• Contribute to team effort of temple employees
• Serve as the first contact with members, visitors and vendors to answer questions, provide information and/or direct problems to the appropriate person.
• The ability to balance multiple tasks, ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date, maintain accurate records, retrieve information quickly, and work effectively with congregants, staff and vendors.
• Knowledge of Jewish values, culture, and traditions
Provide Administrative Support for the Rabbi and Executive Director
Other responsibilities include:
• Manage general office duties: Prepare reports, memos letters and other documents
• Assist with accounting tasks, process incoming donations, maintain donation files and generate acknowledgement letters.
• Prepare weekly incoming/outgoing check register/mail invoices
• Prepare weekly Shabbat leaflet and Bar/Bat Mitzvah Shabbat morning pamphlets and certificates and invoices
• Answer telephone, take messages, direct calls to appropriate extension
• Filing, copying, answer telephone and greet guests at the door
• Distribute mail to staff, handle postage needs and keep mail room organized.
• The ability to learn and operate Chaverware and Davka
• Help with Gift Shop sales in absence of Sisterhood volunteers
• Order office supplies and keep office supply closet organized.
• Maintain master calendar
• Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on Speakers and Senior Rabbi
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a receptionist or Administrative Assistant