Beit Rabban Day School, a unique Jewish early childhood center, elementary school and middle school on Manhattan's Upper West Side, seeks a highly organized individual to serve as Administrative Assistant.
Working with the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Assistant plays a key role in interfacing with current and prospective parents of Beit Rabban and providing support to the educational leadership, teachers, and students of the school. The school currently has 126 students, from early childhood through 6th grade. Beit Rabban seeks an exceptional individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a professional and dynamic setting and to serve as the school's front-line presence for phone communications with parents, prospective parents and community members at our West Campus, which currently houses grades 4-6.
The suitable candidate will have superior phone and communication skills, experience with daily administrative tasks, and knowledge of office technology and computer software. They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will have demonstrated problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate will be resourceful and will be able to follow through on all tasks efficiently and responsibly. The ideal candidate will be an effective professional with strong interpersonal skills, who works well with others as part of a team in a multi-faceted organization. They will be a detail-oriented self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task, effective with time management, and will enjoy the intellectual challenge of working with the school's administration and faculty while supporting various key professionals. The candidate should have a warm, pleasant personality, exhibit flexibility, and work calmly in a busy and demanding school environment. The candidate will be completely trustworthy and maintain confidentiality, will work independently, as well as take direction and make sound judgments about daily decisions and priorities.
The main components of the position include:
• Supporting families by ensuring a high level of communication between parents and the school via phone calls, emails, and face-to-face contact;
• Oversee daily dismissal, arrival and bus transportation at west campus
• Serve as the school Health Clerk at west campus recording daily medical logs and treating students with basic first aid;
• Maintain an organized office space, keep track of school/office supplies, and work with other members of the administrative team to order educational and office supplies.
• Setup for school and community events, including working with building facilities, ordering supplies, and coordinating with teachers and administrators
• Assist Principal with various projects including but not limited to research for projects and general administrative support
• Taking on additional administrative and educational tasks as assigned as part of the broader administrative team
The ideal candidate will have one to three years of experience working in a school or other educational setting where there are ongoing interactions with children, parents and educators as well as:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
• Experience supporting multiple departments, with multiple supervisors and/or areas of work
• Proficient in the use of computers, comfortable with technology and is able to use MS office (word, excel, powerpoint), Google systems and database software
• Charismatic, flexible, a problem solver, able to adjust quickly to changing circumstances, and has a sense of humor
• Exceptional references
• Familiarity with Judaism and/or Hebrew preferred but not required
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The position of Administrative Assistant is a full-time position with an immediate start through June 30, 2020 with potential option for extension. Hours of the position are 7:45am-4pm Monday/Wednesday, 7:45-4:45p Tuesday/Thursday, 7:45am-1:30pm Fridays.
Beit Rabban is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race or national origin.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and s***********************