The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
• Oversight and administration of the JVS Scholarship Program, including managing online applications and supplementary materials submission, and financial evaluation and screening of eligibility factors for academic scholarships.
• Responsible for donor research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship in order to raise funds in support of the Scholarship Program.
• Create and maintain donor reports and database working with the Fiscal Department and Committee members.
• Work closely with CEO, Philanthropy and JVS Board Fiscal Committee regarding the total award dollars that have been raised and will be distributed to scholarship recipients.
• Responsible for planning yearly Scholarship Awards Ceremony and working with admin support and Scholarship Committee on one or two Alumni Events as well as our annual LA Big 5K Walk.
• With the help of a full-time admin support person provide staff support to Scholarship Committee, organize committee meetings, handouts, financial reports and minutes.
• Spearhead community outreach efforts, including presentations for applicant recruitment and the building of community partnerships.
Excellent fundraising and friendraising skills with a proven gift creation track record. Exceptional people-to-people skills as well as project management skills with the ability to work independently and be self-driven. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner, and to develop and maintain professional relationships with students, parents, colleagues, lay leaders and donors. Ability to create and control budgets and analyze data. Excellent verbal/written communication skills as well as highly professional interpersonal skills. Meticulous with detailed information, with the ability to work on multiple tasks at once. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel operations. Knowledge of financial aid procedures, as well as public and private sources of financial aid for post-secondary and technical education desired.
Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Will work in business settings. As some events may be held after normal business hours and/or on weekends – must be able to work a flexible schedule when given ample and advanced notice.
Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge (Blackbaud) database management and reports.
Knowledge and proficiency in all social media platforms.
Please send cover letter with your resume includ********************Director, Scholarship Programs