Friends of Sheba Medical Center Administrative Assistant
Friends of Sheba Medical Center (FSMC) is a nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles, California. Recently named by Newsweek as one of the top 10 hospitals in the world, Sheba Medical Center is the largest and most comprehensive medical center in Israel and the entire Middle East. FSMC is dedicated to raising awareness and philanthropic support for Sheba Medical Center’s compassionate clinical care, cutting edge research and comprehensive educational training.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for the efficient operation of the FSMC office. FSMC is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant who is mission driven, a self-starter, detail-oriented and possesses a positive, can-do attitude.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience and/or working strategically with key stakeholders, database management and bookkeeping.
· Excellent human relations, strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Raiser’s Edge
· Experience with, or willingness to learn, QuickBooks
· Must be available for some evening and weekend events
Essential Job Duties:
· Answer, screen and transfer incoming phone calls
· Maintain filing system and record-keeping
· Letter and email writing (meeting announcements/reminders)
· Reserve meeting space and maintain meeting RSVPs
· Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
· Prepare agendas for meetings and order food as required
· Receive and direct visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner
· Maintain office supply inventories and manage storage in orderly fashion
· Oversee office calendar including holiday schedule
· Accounts Payable
· Issue donor acknowledgement letters and generate tribute cards
· Maintain mailing lists for major events
· Create income processing forms for each incoming gift
· Maintain donor database
· Invoice donors and track open pledges
· Process credit cards and maintain daily cash log
Friends of Sheba Medical Center offers excellent benefits - medical, dental, vision, vacation, holidays (including Jewish), retirement plan, paid vacation and leave early for Shabbat.
To apply, please email resum*******************ministrative Assistant. No phone calls please.