The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors, spearheaded by Eli Zborowski z”l, to support the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem. ASYV advances the mission of Holocaust education and remembrance by hosting social, educational and fundraising events in the United States. With the support of our donors, next generation and third generation families, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem as together we remember the past and shape the future.
The American Society for Yad Vashem is looking for a professional, friendly and highly motivated Special Events and Office Associate be responsible for events planning, coordination and execution of the fundraising events including but not limited to parlor meetings, luncheon, galas, and other group meetings/social events. They will first point of contact to telephone callers and office visitors as well as manage office vendors (IT, mail, supplies, copiers) supplies to ensure and maintain professional office environment. The ideal candidate possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude, is naturally empathetic, proactively owns and solves problems, and brings everyone along in the fun..
A successful candidate will be someone with:
• Minimum of Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred; and
• Minimum of 3-5 years administrative support assistance and/or special events experience preferably in a non-profit.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively and diplomatically with others, both orally and in writing, to obtain and furnish information, respond to inquiries and resolve problems; while maintaining the appropriate levels of confidentiality.
• Experience coordination all aspects of both small events to large (600+ attendees) sit-down dinner events;
• Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures;
• Solutions-oriented: problem solver;
• Commitment to being a team player and contributing toward organization goals;
• Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities;
• A stellar communicator who is able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner;
• You’ll have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders, so we need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
• Extreme proficiency within Microsoft Office tool – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
• Proficiency working with donor database, DonorPerfect a plus or similar system; and
• Ability to adjust your plan and adapt when new ideas are raised or the schedule changes.