Hillel International is seeking a Senior Associate to join our dynamic and fast-paced Schusterman International Center Human Resources team in Washington, DC. You will be integral in helping the HR team create a positive work experience for all current and future employees of the Schusterman International Center. This position is ideal for someone with a few years of work experience and will provide exciting opportunities for someone interested in growing their career in Human Resources with new projects, great supervision and a fabulous team. This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
What you'll bring to the role:
- A bachelor's degree and 2 years of work experience. Experience working in Human Resources is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive and a quick learner of new tools.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills; an orientation towards great customer service in all aspects of your work.
- A creative, entrepreneurial and team-oriented approach to completing tasks.
- Excitement for learning about human resources and non-profits.
- Energy, a sense of humor, flexibility and maturity.
What you'll own and how you'll grow:
Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
- Review job descriptions and post new jobs to Hillel.org and other websites.
- Schedule all aspects of interviews for potential candidates including phone screens and in-person interviews in the DC office or other locations.
- Schedule all aspects of onboarding for new hires.
- Review resumes and screen candidates for certain positions.
Human Resources Administration
- Regularly update and distribute the Schusterman International Center org chart.
- Create schedule for All-Staff Meetings, collect and distribute materials, take notes and post materials to Hillel's intranet.
- Manage newsletter announcing new hires and departures.
- Ensure that the SIC-HR section of the intranet has up-to-date materials.
Summer Internship Program
- Create and manage summer internship application, recruitment and candidate communication.
- Plan onboarding and professional development opportunities for interns.
- Work with Finance team to create and intern compensation schedule and ensure payments are distributed to interns on time.
- Leading Edge Employee Engagement Survey
- Create and submit the required data for Hillel's participation in this annual survey.
- Analyze and splice the data results, create department-specific or demographic-specific reports.
- Create power point presentations for meetings with various stakeholders.
- Goal Management
- Work with Director of Organizational Development on Hillel's Goal Management process including creating master lists of organizational goals, reporting on themes, following up with employees and supervisors who have not completed goals and ensuring new hires complete their goals in a timely manner.
- Plan opportunities for staff to gather, celebrate and learn together.
- Support a new Coffee Conversations initiative designed to help employees connect on a more informal level.
What You'll Get Out of It:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $52,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, 15 days of vacation time, 15 days of sick time, paid holidays and parental leave.
- Independent and hands-on work in an exciting environment. Great professional development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities.
What We're About
Hillel International is the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally to help Jewish students make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel, Hillel serves students at more than 550 colleges, universities and communities. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. This position is in the Schusterman International Center Human Resources department which manages HR for employees working in our various Schusterman International Center offices.
About Hillel's Charles And Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.