We are looking for multiple candidates, for full time and part time positions beginning in December and January.
About the Position:
The person selected for this position will be responsible for the general supervision and management of a class of preschool children.
Job Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Planning and implementing a program that encourages the physical, social, and cognitive development of each child and that follows the policies and philosophy of the school.
• Utilizing all available resources to provide an educationally sound program, including field trips, resource people, creative themes, etc.
• Arranging a sound nutritional program.
• Adapting the program to the needs of the individual child with concern for his/her interests, special need, talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
• Arranging for an appropriate balance of quiet and active activities.
• Treating each child with dignity and respect.
• Working with other professional staff members to plan and implement activities that carry out the philosophy of the school and accepted early childhood education practices.
• Being respectful and cooperative as a member of a team of professionals.
• Helping each child to become aware of his/her role as an integral member of a group.
• Considering the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socio-economic background.
• Establishing a positive relationship with parents of the students.
• Maintaining a physical environment in the classroom that is inviting and conducive to learning and which lends itself to the teaching of developmentally appropriate activities.
• Being responsible for ensuring a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning, fun, and positive interaction between children
• Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the nursery school staff.
• Providing a safe and healthy environment for each child.
• Attending all staff meetings, parent programs and orientations.
• Participating in recommended training programs, conferences courses, and other activities that ensure professional growth.
• Keeping records of evaluation for use in planning for individual needs of each child.
• Keeping accurate attendance records.
• College Degree
• Certification in the field of Early Childhood Education is preferred
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Experience with all ages, 2-5 years, preferred
• Diplomatic, tactful, and possess the ability to show grace under pressure
• Strong interpersonal relationship building skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stephen Wise Temple and Wise Schools;
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Be physically able to perform the job of a preschool teacher – ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 35 pounds.