Job Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: New York, NY 10017
Israel Policy Forum has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated fundraiser to further the organization’s growth. A non-profit, nonpartisan organization, Israel Policy Forum works to advance a two-state solution as the only viable path to maintain Israel as a Jewish and democratic state, always assuring Israel’s security.
With a budget of over $3 million dollars, and more than a dozen talented and passionate team members based in New York, Washington, DC, and Israel, the successful candidate will join a historic organization with a start-up mentality.
Established in 1993 with the support of the late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, Israel Policy Forum has re-emerged as an important resource for policymakers and community leaders alike. The organization is increasingly utilized by those seeking thoughtful analysis and credible information on key issues impacting a future two-state solution, US diplomacy and the US-Israel relationship. The organization convenes unique educational roundtables with key Israeli and American partners to engage a diverse array of American Jewish leaders, organizes leadership delegations to Israel and the region, and develops innovative educational program partnerships with institutions nationwide. Meanwhile, Israel Policy Forum’s young professionals program, IPF Atid, is poised to continue its rapid growth engaging influencers of the next generation.
The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and a highly motivated, accomplished, and engaged Board of Directors to build upon this exciting work, expanding the organization’s support base nationwide.
The Development Director will share the organization’s vision of a secure, Jewish, democratic Israel, bring a passionate commitment to Israel Policy Forum’s core values, and have a strong desire to be a leader at the forefront of efforts to engage community leaders and policymakers in a more constructive, pragmatic discourse about Israel and the efforts to preserve and advance a two-state solution.
The Development Director will be charged with developing and implementing an organization-wide fundraising strategy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a comprehensive vision for the organization’s fundraising, working in partnership with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, while focusing primarily on creating a high-touch, high-level donor program to strengthen the major gifts pipeline, increase the success of campaigns, and motivate donors to increase their affinity with the organization’s mission.
- Conceptualizing and developing a strategy for donor engagement in key cities nationwide, as well as for fundraising events, special campaigns, and grant proposals.
- Supervising development staff and working closely in collaboration with relevant communications and administration staff to advance fundraising objectives, including all fundraising communications, the utilization of a donor database, and the advancement of moves management protocols and acknowledgments.
- Promulgating an organization-wide culture of philanthropy.
- Minimum 7-8 years experience in developing successful fundraising campaigns, cultivating donors, and soliciting individual major gifts.
- Strong passion for Israel Policy Forum’s vision, mission, values, and work is a must.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising strategy development, prospecting, fundraising, and stewardship of major donors.
- Track record of initiating creative problem-solving, setting and meeting goals and deadlines.
- Rigorous attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-moving team.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with donor databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous paid time off; health, dental and vision benefits; and a 401(K) match.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements************************