Temple Beth El of Northern Westchester is looking for a part-time Religious School Administrative Assistant. Temple Beth El is a 550-family Reform congregation located in Chappaqua, NY, about 35 miles north of New York City.
We see our administrative assistant as an integral part of the religious school and temple community. The administrative assistant coordinates registration for the school and all education related programs. In addition, this individual is responsible for record keeping of student and teacher attendance and providing logistical support for all education events and programs.
This position is intended to support the Rabbi-Educator by scheduling appointments, written communication on her behalf, and perform other administrative tasks. The administrative assistant should have strong organization, communication, computer skills, and be able to talk with children of all ages, parents, and colleagues. This person should be willing to take initiative and anticipate different programming needs for the religious school, not only for classes, but also for family education programming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Update all religious school calendars prior to school opening.
• Set up classes on Chaverware, and enter students individually.
• Provide copies of registration forms to the person/persons responsible for class placement.
• Create a religious school office that is organized, well-managed, and clean.
• Order all food/snacks on a weekly basis for all religious school activities.
• Contact any or all of the substitute teachers when a teacher is absent until someone is available to fill in.
• Maintain attendance sheets for teachers and file away to give to payroll.
• Assist teachers for supply and photocopying needs.
• Order supplies (office and classroom supplies) when needed.
• Troubleshoot any problems with copier and copier supplies.
• Work with temple maintenance staff to make sure room set ups are scheduled.
• Create and distribute letters and fliers to parents and students.
• Manage the religious school calendar with the temple calendar.
• Set up religious school classrooms.
• Work with Rabbi-Educator to oversee religious school budget.
• Work closely with temple staff to support the overall functioning of the temple.
A typical work week will be 27 hours. School breaks off and unpaid.
An optimal schedule is Sunday: 8 am-12 pm; Monday: 12:30 am-8:30 pm; Tuesday-Thursday; 10:30 am-6:30 pm