Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley Early Childhood Program is looking to hire a creative, enthusiastic, and dedicated early childhood assistant teacher who creates a loving, nurturing, and safe learning environment for children and their families. Our school ranges from ages 2- 5 years old.
Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director and lead teacher, an Early Childhood Assistant Teacher will have the following responsibilities:
• Assist in Planning, supervising, and implementing a developmentally appropriate experiences for the class according to the child centered, emergent curriculum, and Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum and philosophy of the school.
• Work effectively, individually and as part of a teaching team.
• Develop a positive relationship with each child, through observation and learning experience, helping to enhance his/her development and growth.
• Maintain a safe, inviting, and appropriate classroom environment.
• Create a learning environment that provides emotional, cognitive, social, and physical growth in children.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, including age level meetings and team meetings.
Qualifications and Education:
• Assistant Teachers require a High School diploma or GED. Child Development Associates (CDA) or a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Reggio Emilia approach, emergent curriculum, and/or developmentally appropriate practice preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Judaic background preferred
The classroom is a fast-paced environment and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending, and sitting on the floor. Must be able to lift and carry young children.
Salary is commensurate with previous Early Childhood experience and educational background. Hiring is subject to completion of a background check, fingerprinting, criminal history record information, and child abuse record information check. Ple******************