SUMMARY: The Special Events Coordinator will help manage a broad portfolio of events that support a myriad of programs and initiatives for the JCC Association, with responsibilities as follows:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the Director of Conferences and Events in planning and executing events that include but not limited to board meetings, conferences, regional and local educational seminars and social events.
• Create and maintain event registrations thru Cvent, tracking RSVP and guest information; including staff and speaker coordination.
• Assist with venue scouting, menu creation, invoice processing, planning timeline, sourcing of materials and other areas as applicable to the event.
• Manage a variety of logistical elements such as transportation, arrival/departure manifests and hotel rooming lists.
• Support on-site, day-of logistics; responsible for positive guest experience overseeing registration and communication and coordination with vendors such as catering, audio visual as well as event volunteers and staff.
• Work closely and collaborate with internal and external partners such as marketing, communications, caterers and hotels. Adhering to strict timelines to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
• 3-5 years of experience in events and conference planning with a demonstrated knowledge of best practices in meeting management.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Highly motivated self-starter who is engaging, resilient and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Excellent ability to set priorities, plan long-term and manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
• Cvent and Crowd Compass platform experience is required.
• Must be detail-oriented with a methodical approach to work.
• Superb analytical thinking skills to be able to assess situations and react appropriately.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are required as well as capability to edit and proofread.
• Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management, board members and external contacts. Exceling at relationship management, collaborating with colleagues and facilitating open communication.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends, with limited travel, as needed to accommodate event schedules.
• Highly skilled at MS Office Suite, with attention in Excel.