Jewish Learning Venture empowers families raising Jewish children to make Judaism more meaningful and relevant for themselves. Our innovative programs guide families and leaders of Jewish organizations to see Judaism as a means to a thriving life.
Jewish Learning Venture is seeking an energetic and proactive professional to become our new jkidphilly Director. The jkidphilly Director will oversee our Agency’s signature initiative, jkidphilly, which engages thousands of families raising young Jewish children each year across Greater Philadelphia. The Director will represent Jewish Learning Venture in a variety of settings as a warm, inclusive, and engaging figure, helping to create meaningful learning experiences that help inspire and provide families with the tools to make Judaism sacred and relevant for themselves. The jkidphilly director will report to the Chief Program Officer.
The jkidphilly Director’s responsibilities are to:
- Design and implement all aspects of jkidphilly family engagement programs
- Envision and maintain the annual program calendar
- Oversee communications and registration processes,
- Build relationships with and among families raising young Jewish children,
- Create and maintain partnerships with representatives of synagogues, Jewish organizations, and local secular organizations,
- Support congregational parent ambassadors in designing and implementing jkidphilly programs,
- Work closely and collaborate with the JLV Family Engagement team, which includes the Director, PJ Library in Philadelphia, the program administrator, and a cohort of Parent Ambassadors, and
- Keep up with current trends among families and the family engagement field.
- Six-ten years’ experience with programming for families with young Jewish children
- Evidence of bringing creativity and innovation to program development
- Passion for Jewish education, Jewish community, and Jewish life
- Bachelor’s degree in education or the equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with the Jewish and parenting communities of Greater Philadelphia preferred
This is a full time, 100% position and includes some weekend and evening work.
Jewish Learning Venture is an equal opportunity employer.