The Selfhelp Home is a not for profit Jewish retirement community that is
in search of an experienced, friendly and reliable task-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The position will report to the Executive Director and will manage the executive offices and be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties as well as interfacing with residents and families. The ideal candidate is well organized, friendly, highly self-motivated, professional, detail oriented, flexible and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• 3+ years proven experience as an administrative assistant, senior executive assistant other secretarial position in a capacity of reporting to higher level positions.
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and applications
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• High level verbal and written communications skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with company specific programs and software.
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor with compassion for seniors.
• Coordinates communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with residents and families and vendors.
• Schedule meetings and medical appointments for residents,routes correspondence and maintains meeting rooms and guest apartments.
• Responsible for maintaining data on residents utilizing database systems and filing.
• Act as the point of contact between the Executive Director and internal/external clients.
• Provides administrative support to the home, writing memos, letters, lables as needed.
•Handles requests from families and residents and queries appropriately.
• Maintains staff phone lists and intercom lists.
• Supports the lobby front desk as needed