Reconstructing Judaism seeks an assistant for its Innovation and Impact (I & I) Department. Innovation and Impact (I & I) supports online learning and community building. Through a number of web-based programs, we support rabbinical students, rabbis, congregations and lay leaders in sparking and spreading new ideas and entryways for Jewish life, within and beyond the Reconstructionist Community.
The work of I & I has a national and international reach, featuring the following:
• Reconstructionist Learning Networks (RLN) (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Ritualwell and Ritualwell Immersions (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Evolve: Groundbreaking Jewish Conversations (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
• Auerbach Innovation Grants (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The I & I Assistant ensures quality online learning and community building by hosting learning sessions and supporting participants and facilitators before, during and after sessions. The I & I Assistant acts as a digital strategist to amplify online media opportunities, create interactive social media, and tracking user engagement. The position includes administrative support and works closely with the I & I Assistant Director of Programs as well as the rest of the I & I team.
This position provides an opportunity to grow within the institution, to learn about and contribute to the progressive Jewish community, to help implement a new vision of Jewish life for the 21st century, and to make connections and gain perspective on Jewish communal life today.
• Online Learning and Community Building (50%)
o Facilitate the flow of information and resources to the appropriate recipients
o Foster positive customer relationships with prompt, courteous and warm communication as well as technical assistance
o Data management: administer surveys, report generation, data analysis, income and donations tracking
o Troubleshooting myriad issues related to the technical aspects of hosting online learning
o Support online learning facilitators with communications, registration and outreach to learners
o Host multiple weekly zoom calls before, during and after online learning sessions
• Social Media (30%)
o Maintain and grow social media presence and marketing campaigns on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all I & I programs
• Administrative (20%)
o Maintain and update Learning Networks section on the organizational website
o Registration management
o Processing invoices and credit card reconciliation
• Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve problems
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Ability to stay grounded and maintain professionalism
• Strong design skills for creating social media images
• Proficient with the following technology:
• MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Zoom (ability to train others, experience with breakout groups, file and screen sharing required)
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Experience with the Jewish community strongly preferred
$35,000-$39,000, commensurate with experience
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits that include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays. We offer a dynamic and progressive workplace.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Diversity is a core value of our organization. Reconstructing Judaism is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected classes. All are welcome to apply.