Kehila Chadasha is an inclusive, independent, cooperative community. We run a progressive, experiential Jewish Education program that meets on Sunday mornings, serving tots to teens! We are seeking a dynamic song leader who loves kids, is adept with several types of Jewish music, supports progressive Judaism, loves teaching, and is able to effectively connect with a large group of mixed-ages from preschoolers to octogenarians.
• Learn more here: kehilachadasha.org/positions-available/
• Our program: kehilachadasha.org/learning/
• Our Community: kehilachadasha.org/
• School year runs September – May (teacher orientations in late August)
• Classes may also meet online if schools are closed due to orders from MCPS, Montgomery County, or the State of Maryland
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Frequency: 1 to 2 times per month, 1 hour per session
• Lead song sessions & prayers
• Plan sessions in coordination with education director and curriculum
• Teach basic Hebrew vocabulary as well as the spiritual meanings of the prayers
• Be dependable, responsive, and punctual, and possess good communication skills
• Possibly (periodically teach an elective or participate in a special program (for additional pay)
We welcome applicants from all gender identities, ages, races, Jewish backgrounds and personal religious practices (from secular to Orthodox and all in between). Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include information about your Jewish background.
|Benefits||Full Membership in the community, including High Holy Day Tickets, paid time off, professional development opportunities|
|Ad Posted On||2020-06-09|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||576 times|
|Ad is posted for||180 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Music|
|Focus||Arts & Entertainment, Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||Kehila Chadasha|
4301 East West Highway
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|