Are you passionate about inspiring others to connect with Israel? The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Israel and Overseas (I&O). The Senior Associate is responsible for crafting strategy around the Associated’s Baltimore-Ashkelon Partnership and several community-wide initiatives and serves as a key member of the Community Planning & Allocations team. This person will deepen people-to-people connections between Baltimore and Israel by engaging people in creative and innovative ways, manage overseas grantmaking, as well as Israel education/ engagement. Responsibilities include staffing lay committees, consulting with agencies to help develop and implement activities, maintaining ongoing communications with global partners and supervision of program associates.
In this highly collaborative role, you will:
· Represent The Associated
· Engage volunteer leaders in The Associated’s Israel and Overseas initiatives
· Staff appropriate lay committees for Baltimore-Ashkelon Partnership and others as needed.
· Serve as the lead staff for allocation processes related to the Baltimore-Ashkelon Partnership.
· Provide oversight to management of grants by midyear reports, grant evaluation, and identification of funding priorities.
· Expertly supervise program associates
· Provide regular communications with relevant information to lay and professional leadership.
· Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan in concert with I&O Director that incorporates e-communications and other communication means to strengthen The Associated’s connection to Israel and overseas.
· Collaborate with agencies, synagogues, and other organizations to further The Associated’s Israel and Overseas work.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Possess to Be Successful in this Role:
· Passion: A deep connection to and nuanced understanding of Israel and global Jewish community is important for this role.
· Knowledge: We seek an individual who has experience with Jewish community, culture and values. Having the intellectual capacity to absorb complex information and the capacity to make smart, impactful decisions is important.
· Professionalism: A calm, collected demeanor is crucial for the high level of multi-tasking and coordination involved in this role. A can-do, energetic spirit matched with poise - especially when the unexpected pops up - is essential.
· Communication: The ability to write concise, business emails is essential, as is the ability to converse professionally with multiple stakeholders on the phone. We expect an attitude of "no job is too small," and an attention to detail that ensures quality outcomes for our team.
· Drive: The ideal candidate will be eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges. We are looking for someone who is a strategic, creative thinker and fast learner. The ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external customers is vital.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
· Three to five years work-related experience.
· Strong knowledge of Israel and passion for Israel/Diaspora relations.
· Enthusiasm for connecting to Israel and supporting Jewish life globally.
· Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
· Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
We offer a work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We make work/life balance a priority offering generous vacation/sick time and parental leave.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed.