Communications and Social Media Manager
Donna Klein Jewish Academy is a diverse and close-knit community of families across the spectrum of Jewish denominations with a common commitment to Jewish identity, heritage and values. The school is located within the vibrant, 100-acre campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. The largest Jewish campus in the country, concern for safety is paramount with 24-hour security.
ABOUT THE POSITION
DKJA is seeking a full-time Communications and Social Media Manager to oversee all communications originating from the school, including publications, website management, social media management, marketing, advertising and public relations.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
Two to Five years of experience.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, organizational skills, creativity, imagination and the ability to make DKJA shine in words and design. Desktop publishing, photography and website maintenance. Familiarity with Blackbaud desirable. Ability to function well in a team and to work well with faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, parents, board members and community members. Capacity to provide both vision and attention to detail. Flexible and can work with minimal supervision. Must demonstrate strong commitment to the mission and values of DKJA.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
• Develops and implements public relations strategies to promote the mission of DKJA.
• Responsible for the design and production of all school print, web, and video publications, including admissions and development materials; manages photography, design and visual identity.
• Manages marketing and communication plans in collaboration with the admissions and development departments.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with members of the local, state and educational news media and organizations.
• Maintains a press release program.
• Works closely with the Development and Admissions departments on event planning and related marketing and communication tasks.