Congregation Beth Israel (CBI) in Scottsdale, Arizona is a 600-family unit Reform congregation which was established in 1920. In addition to our congregation’s campus in Scottsdale, which includes the Chanen Preschool, Haberkorn Religious school, and Stein Family Mikvah, we also own and operate the Beth Israel Memorial Cemetery in downtown Phoenix and Camp Daisy & Harry Stein in Prescott.
We are seeking and enthusiastic Clergy and Administrative Team Manager (“Team Manager”) who will manage, coordinate, and support the day-to-day needs of our Senior Rabbi, Associate Rabbi, Cantor and Chief Communal and Executive Officer (“CCEO”). The Team Manager will work directly with the clergy team and CCEO both as individuals and as a group. While each member of the team has a unique style and will have particular needs, the Team Manager will facilitate a high degree of synergistic workflow, follow through and communication.
-Outstanding interpersonal skills
-Strong organizational/management skills and intuitiveness
-A strong sense of self and a high level of emotional maturity
-A warm and nurturing personality
-Agility with multi-tasking, managing multiple projects, and attention to detail
-A reliable individual who can work independently but also as part of a team
-Comfort working in a synagogue community comprised of many members
Hours: Full Time
• Monday through Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
• All High Holy Days (Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur)
• Weekends as needed for special events and projects
Supervision: This position will report to the CCEO
1. Serve as primary point-of-contact (via phone calls and/or emails) for CBI members, visitors and those seeking information promptly, discreetly and compassionately.
a. Act as a “gatekeeper” and pass along information to the appropriate party as needed. When appropriate, respond to questions and concerns.
b. Prepare email / mail correspondence as necessary to the congregation on behalf of the clergy and CCEO, including mass emails.
2. Maintain calendars and schedule appointments for clergy and CCEO.
3. Coordinate scheduling and organization of senior leadership team meetings including oversight and follow through of tasks.
4. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the B’nei Mitzvah (Jewish life cycle event for 13-year-old boys and girls) multi-year process to ensure a smooth and delightful process for all member families. This includes date scheduling, scheduling of student tutoring appointments and clergy meetings, preparation of tutoring materials, gifts, and certificates etc.
5. Coordinate Board of Director communication, board bima assignments, board meetings, and preparation of board materials.
6. Coordinate with senior staff for Services including preparation of Friday flier, yahrzeit list, greeters, etc.
7. At the discretion of CCEO assist with execution of programs and events. Coordinate with staff for services, congregational events, and programs.
8. Assist clergy (and guests when required), in making travel arrangements and registration for conventions and meetings
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and virtual platforms such as Zoom
• Ability to easily learn and adapt to synagogue database systems and technology, experience with Membership Management (MM2000) preferred
• Skilled in the use of standard office equipment (i.e. copiers, business telephone systems, projectors, scanners, etc.
• At least 3-5 years administrative experience preferred.