Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer.
The Cybersecurity Engineer serves as CJP’s primary technical expert relating to all matters of cybersecurity and works with the IT staff and others to continually assess risks and monitor and improve CJP’s cybersecurity posture, maturity, protocols, and procedures. Additionally, the Cybersecurity Engineer will be a resource to CJP’s community partners in assessing their cybersecurity maturity and assisting them in reducing risks and improving their cybersecurity maturity. This role combines both hands-on expertise in implementing cybersecurity within our LAN and cloud-based networks and a consultative role in assisting community partners.
• Provide specialized technical expertise in the area of cybersecurity to CJP and its community partners.
• Determine the overall cybersecurity technologies, policies, procedures, and processes to keep CJP on the forefront of cybersecurity resiliency.
• Research and recommend cybersecurity technologies and services that will enhance CJP’s cybersecurity posture and coordinate the implementation of appropriate technologies and services with the I.T. staff.
• Collaborate with stakeholders in determining areas of risks within the business process as well as identify emerging cyber threats and determine appropriate preventative measures. Continually monitor acute cybersecurity threats and inform CJP and community staff as needed.
• Identify risks within our current information systems environment, including Office 365, hosted applications, and software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Improve security measures within our operating environment utilizing both existing capabilities and new technologies.
• Administer the employee cybersecurity awareness training program and routine phishing tests.
• Provide cybersecurity webinars, assessments, briefings, consultation, training, testing, and incident response assistance to CJP’s community partners.
• Coordinate the activities of our technology partners and I.T. staff in all matters relating to cybersecurity. Schedule and/or coordinate the activities of penetration testing, system control audits, and maturity assessments.
• Analyze findings from assessments, audits, and testing, and implement cybersecurity improvements based on recommendations made by our auditors/consultants and other factors.
• Develop a cybersecurity metrics and status reporting process and provide routine reporting to management on CJP’s cyber status.
• Provide periodic updates on CJP’s cybersecurity process and maturity status to the Senior Leadership Team, the I.T. Advisory Committee, and other volunteer committees as required.
• Serve as the focal point for CJP’s cyber & data incident response plan and Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT).
• Develop and maintain an overall cybersecurity policy for CJP and other policies relating to cybersecurity.
• Additional responsibilities in the field of Cybersecurity or Information technology as needed.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent experience and training.
• 10 years of experience in IT, serving in roles of progressively greater technical depth.
• 5 years in a technically oriented cybersecurity role.
• Knowledge of Firewall, LAN, and server configuration.
• Knowledge of penetration testing and endpoint security technologies (AV, Malware, Ransomware, intrusion detection).
• Experience administering an Office 365 environment and O365 security features.
• Experience with hosted computing environments and SaaS.
• Knowledge and experience with the NIST cybersecurity framework.
• Experience with IT operations audits.
• Experience with phishing tests, incident response, and establishing cybersecurity policies and protocols.
• Strong analytical and security systems design capabilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and activities concurrently.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Information security certifications such as CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CEH, CCSP are preferred.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3244602
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.